The National Technical Honor Society
For over 30 years, the National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) has been the acknowledged leader in the recognition of outstanding student achievement in career and technical education.
The National Technical Honor Society currently serves approximately 80,000 active members in 2015 and nearly three quarters of a million since its inception in 1984. Over $225,000 in scholarships is awarded annually to its members. NTHS honors the achievements of top CTE students, provides scholarships to encourage the pursuit of higher education, and cultivates excellence in today’s highly competitive, skilled workforce.
All students enrolled in a Career and Technical Education class within the district are eligible for membership into the NTHS if certain requirements are met.
Requirements for the Sewanhaka District Chapter of The National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
- A 92% overall average in your Career and Technical Education class
- An 80% overall average for all remaining classes
If you have been recognized as meeting these initial requirements you will be given the application for induction into the NTHS.
Applications for the 2016-2017 school year are due: Tuesday, March 15, 2017
Applications must include the following
- A letter of recommendation from your CTE Instructor
- A letter of recommendation from an Academic Instructor
- Verification of active involvment in a school club or sport
- Verification of a minimum of five (5) hours of community service
- $30 membership fee