Welcome to the Career & Technical Education (CTE) Department!
The Sewanhaka Central High School District, through the programs offered in this department, offers district students who have completed the ninth grade the opportunity to combine academic education with career & technical education.
Our programs expose our students to a varied selection of career fields. The courses currently offered are as follows:
A+/ Networking (Grades 11-12)
- Automotive Technology (Grades 11-12)
- Architectural Technology (Grades 10-12)
- Construction Trades (Grades 11-12)
- Cosmetology (Grades 11-12)
- Corporate Communications/Digital Imaging (CCDI) (Grades 11-12)
- Culinary Arts (Grades 11-12)
- Instrumentation & Automation (I&A) (Grades 10-12)
Most of our technical graduates continue their education in colleges or in other schools of higher learning, and many of our career education graduates will also continue beyond high school. Our graduates have been accepted by prestigious colleges and universities, such as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Columbia University, Polytechnic University, Cornell University, the Rochester Institute of Technology, and others.
Students who are interested in applying to these programs should speak directly to their counselor. Additional information about each program exists in the Guidance Departments of the students’ home schools.