Math Department...It's As Easy As 1 -2- 3
The math department at H. Frank Carey High School is designed to provide each student with a comprehensive math education that includes hands on experiences that will require students to think logically, critically, and creatively. It is expected that students will be able to apply their mathematical background to solve real life problems.
The overall goals of Carey's Math Department are to:
- provide a math program that meets the needs of all types of students
- ensure students learn to apply their mathematical concepts to everyday situation
- provide the opportunity for students to develop mathematical skills to use when problem solving
- develop mathematical method skills, so that students can develop a project which will enhance their understanding of concepts
- teach students responsibility
- inform students about professional and vocational opportunities in mathematics
- promote the philosophy and goals of the school.