Dear Parents & Guardians,
The Sewanhaka Central High School District has partnered with the College Board and will offer every 11thgrade student the PSAT on October 18, 2023 during the school day at no cost to our students. Providing the PSAT to students during the school day maximizes the number of students who can participate in a more comfortable and familiar testing environment. The PSAT is now offered digitally by the College Board. The test is easier to take, shorter, has more time per question, and comes with a built-in calculator. It can also qualify our students for the National Merit Scholarship Program and other scholarships. Because of this partnership with the College Board, all 11th grade students will have the opportunity to take the PSAT in school using their school issued iPad, which will also assist them in SAT preparation for the spring digital exams. Our district recognizes the critical importance for our students to have access to the PSAT for purposes of post high school planning and the career and college application process. In order to provide our students with this opportunity, the following changes will take place on October 18, 2023.
- All students not taking the PSAT Exam will arrive on a 2-hour delayed schedule.
- All students taking the PSAT must bring their school issued fully charged iPad. Charging stations will be provided.
- Students taking the PSAT exam should arrive by 7:45AM with a student ID.
- Students in grades 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12 will begin school at 10:00AM. Transportation will arrive 2 hours later than original time for students who take the bus.
- All students enrolled in a Life Skill program (ADL, CDP, DLC, PALS) will attend a regular day of school and will not be on a two-hour delayed schedule.
The District will be offering the PSAT 10 to the current 10th graders in the spring, 2024. Details regarding the administration of the PSAT-10 will be forthcoming. Please contact your child’s school counselor or building administration if you have any questions about either exam administration. The PSAT School day is a wonderful opportunity for our students as they begin to embark on post high school planning and the college application process.
Thank you very much for your continued support and partnership.
Regina M. Agrusa Deputy Superintendent